SAVING FACE (2014) is my sophomore film, bringing together all of my passions: filmmaking, acting, & professional wrasslin’.
With the world watching, a mild-mannered pro-wrestler transforms into what he’s always fought against: the bad guy.
“Local actor and director Glen Matthews presents the dramatic myth of pro wrestling and the dynamic of good and evil in the tag-team of Red and Blue. The binary is paralleled by crisp shots and clean lines. The most compelling element was the portrayal of wrestling’s deeper psychology: it’s still real to me, dammit. Saving Face is the ultimate wrestle fantasy.”
-Adria Young, The Coast (link)
– September, 2014 – Atlantic Film Festival – Halifax, NS
– October, 2014 – Parrsboro Film Festival – Parrsboro, NS
– November, 2014 – Outlier Film Festival – Halifax, NS
– February, 2015 – Clermont-Ferrand Short Film Festival – France
– Audience Award for Best Short Film – Outlier Film Festival
– Selected by Telefilm Canada for the Not Short on Talent screening at Clermont-Ferrand, 2015
Behind the scenes photos:
Writer / Director / Editor: Glen Matthews
Producer: Andrew Hicks ( fairfield-creative.com/ )
Director of Photography: Liam Higgins ( jellyphresh.com/ )
Assistant Director: Ian Burns ( ianburns.sqsp.com/ )
Wardrobe / Costume Design: Bonnie Archibald-Awalt
Sound Design & Mix: Dave Johnson
Data Management: David Fulde.
Red – Glen Matthews
Blue – Bob Mann
The Wife – Becca Babcock
Red Jr. – Ethan Beck
Boss – Kevin Gerrior
The Ref – Chris Fitzgerald
Manager – Ralph Walton-Bone Urquhart
Flatbed – Troy Merrick AKA Sexton Phoenix
Big Rig – Jason Collier AKA Lumber Jack Johnson
Kontra – Chris Cooke AKA The Big Picture
Slambo – Ryan Mader AKA Lincoln Steen.
For all inquiries, please visit the CONTACT page.